Sunday, August 9, 2009

Two Rolls

My journey of just being a "mommy" has come to an end, and I begin a new journey tomorrow as a 1st grade teacher. I will have two very demanding, yet very rewarding rolls to fulfill. I'm up for the challenge, and I know God is with me..."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and all things are possible with God."

I start with 2 weeks of district in-services tomorrow (Aug. 10th), meet my students and their parents on Friday, Aug. 21st, then my kiddos come on Monday, Aug. 24th. The next two weeks will be BUSY, and I haven't finished my classroom either!!!! It will get done! I will really miss Callie Girl, but I'm blessed that I've had a whole year with her!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Nicole-
You are the most amazing mother! I know that God has big plans for you. You are so great with children! You are a blessing to all those in your class, they will have the BEST teacher!
Love you bunches!!!
XOXO, Mary

Kelly said...

I agree with Mary! Those kids will be blessed to have you. I've been thinking about you because of your fb status updates (I'm trying to catch up on everyone's blogs too!) and can understand how difficult of an adjustment this is for you. But you got it goin' on! Finding balance is a daily challenge, but like you say, give it to God and He will give you all you need! hugs, kelly

Annette James said...

Look! I learned to "follow". This Blog stuff is the best...I just need time to figure it all out :) I LOVE your blog and promise to visit it. How do I get the updates of other people's blogs like on your blog?? That is cool.
Anyway, this working mom decision is a tough one but you will do great! I am so proud of you. You will be so fulfilled as a mother and still in your self worth. You couldn't ask for better!
Take it easy, try not to stress over little things because this will all pass you by before you know it. Savor the moments don't allow yourself to wonder where they went.
Love ya girl! Miss ya too :)