Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sick baby...

It all started on Monday....I cleaned alot of "gunk" from her nose, and she was sneezing and coughing; no fever though. Then, she woke up screaming several times Monday night, which is unlike her. On Tuesday morning, she seemed a little better, but still had alot of "gunk" coming from her nose, but again, no fever. Well, last night she woke up every hour crying...she could hardly breathe because she was so conjested...my heart ached.....all I could do was hold and rock her. This morning when she woke up, her nose was running like a faucet...I cleaned it out, took her temp (no fever), gave her reflux medicine and tried to feed her...she only took 2 oz and 1 tablespoon of cereal~~VERY unlike her, then about 30 minutes later, she fell asleep in my arms....oh, no...something isn't right with the Cal girl. I called the doctor 1st thing this a.m. and I got her in for an appt. The doctor's office was packed, you can about imagine..with RSV season, there were lots of sick babies and kiddos right now!!! The Dr. said she has a really nasty cold, but nothing in her lungs, throat, or ears..thank goodness!!!!! I need to watch her over the next several days to make sure her symptoms don't change or get worse, and I will need to bring her back in if she starts to run a fever. When we came home this afternoon, I was able to get 7 oz and some sweet potatoes down, and she slept for about an hour....we are staying inside where it's nice and warm until she gets better!

No comments: