Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Journal Entry: July 2, 2008

I revisited my journal this morning and just so happened to read my entry from July 2nd. I was 29 weeks 5 days pregnant, huge, and completely exhausted. Jeff and I were leaving for Florida in a few days (July 5th) to be exact, and I was nervous about flying and "being a parent" in general. I sat in Starbucks reflecting on my pregnancy; one that has been an emotional roller coaster.
I wrote:

"I am getting really nervous about being a mom..this will be a big change change for Jeff and I since it has only been the two of us for 7 yrs; we will have a little one to take care of in 2 months; however, I know and believe God will be with us, He will guide us, and lead us."

Then I began to ponder about the health of the baby: will she be okay? will she be healthy and normal? I don't know..only God knows, and I will love this baby no matter what!!!! Blood work showed there was a "possibility" that something could be wrong with the baby, and a series of level 2 ultrasounds showed a cyst on her brain and spot on her heart. I remained strong and full of faith because our God is a good God.."All things are possible with God."

This morning as I was drinking coffee and having some "alone" time to pray, I read a passage from daily word and this is what it said:

Inner Peace - One with the all-encompassing presence of God, I am at peace.

Even when I am at peace within, experiencing my oneness with life, I may still face an unexpected disappointment as part of life's occasional ups and downs. In the midst of life's disruptions, however, I remain connected to the peace that is always within me. I have the ability to speak and act with clarity, wisdom, and grace.

Centered in the peace of God, I act as my own peacemaker in the inner realm of my thoughts and feelings. This has the transforming effect on my words and actions in the varied circumstances of life. Consciously connecting with God and all creation, I experience joy and the beauty in life.

One with the all-encompassing presence of God, I am serene and express peace, wherever in the world I may be.

"Keep on doing the things that you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and the God of peace with be with you." ~~~Philippians 4:9

I am writing this because our God is an awesome God and He deserves all the praise, worship, and glory in the world. It was with Him and through Him that Jeff and I remained strong and full of faith my entire pregnancy...Thank you, God....we love you!!! Also, thank you for blessing us with a beautiful, healthy baby girl!

No comments: